I'M COMMITTED TO:
Below are statements I chose from a list in a career guidance book "What Now?" that I completed I did many years ago that was designed to help the reader commit to getting certain things out of their work.
I think I chose alot more statements than you were supposed to, but then again, high expectations are said to be the key to best outcomes :) I've included them here to keep myself publicly accountable and to a lesser extent to help folks better pre-screen me.
DOING WORK THAT MATTERS
- I will do work that is good for the world
- I want to feel satisfied and fulfilled in my career
- I want to make a contribution that personally matters to me. I want to feel I am doing something that makes a difference.
DOING WORK THAT ENGAGES ME
- I will do work that involves successfully solving problems every day
- I will primarily design solutions rather than implement solutions
- I will do work that involves explaining complex things in simple way
- I will do work that involves finding and using ideas and information from different fields and sources
- My work will have a series of steps to follow - there will be some structure within which I will have plenty of room for invention, imagination, and innovation
- My work will mainly involve short-term projects
- I will do work over which I have a large degree of control
FEELING AT HOME & APPRECIATED AT WORK
- I want my work to be a natural expression of my talent and personality
- I will do work at which I will be appreciated and sought after for my talents, personality, and temperament. I will not have to present to be a different person to do the work well.
- My work environment will be casual, relaxed, fun and friendly
- I will be moving around on a typical day, not chained to a desk
- I will not work for a dysfunctional company that cares only for the bottom line and not for the quality of life of its employees